— THE BRIEF
Startup Weekend is a 54 hour event that brings together Wellington designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and experts from all domains to do amazing things.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and embark on a three-day frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekend culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback!
Visit the Startup weekend website for more info.
— THE CONCEPT
Enthusiastic teams, amazing mentors, Lean Startup methodology are thrown together in a cool space with good food and great things happen. The theme of the Start up November 2015 was Health and we also wanted to include the concept of making and building something, as a team. Every Startup weekend has focused on the creation of an idea. Designing a mechanic heart has been a good concept to touch both, the meaning (creating) and the theme (health) of the weekend. Below, 8 points that make the Startup weekend a great event:
- Learn how to startup a business through doing it instead of just reading about it
- Build your network by spending a weekend with Wellington’s doers and makers
- Meet potential co-founders, there’s no better way to find people you want to work with – Founders from three out of the six finalists at Webstock Startup Alley 2015 had been through a Startup Weekend
- Step outside of your comfort zone – Try your hand at something new
- Actually launch a business – Over 36% of Startup Weekend startups are still going strong after 3 months
- Work on an idea that could actually help people – It’s a Health-theme people!
- Get face time with local tech and startup leaders who come along as coaches and judges
- Join a global community of over 45,000 Startup Weekend alumni, all on a mission to change the world
— THE FINAL RESULT
Thanks to Elias Rodriguez for making these beautiful photos and Mark Tantrum for all the collaboration. More photos of the Start up event are visible at www.marktantrum.com
Creative Director: Max Bessone